Looking forward: ongoing and new initiatives
- Working towards the introduction of a bill into the Legislative Council for implementation of the LRC’s reports on (1) Enduring Powers of Attorney: Personal Care, (2) Criteria for Service as Jurors, and (3) Hearsay in Criminal Proceedings.
- Providing assistance to the cross-sector Working Group on Class Actions, and the sub-committee formed under it in their deliberations of the recommendations made by the LRC.
- Participating in various seminars in the Mainland to promote Hong Kong’s legal and dispute resolution services.
- Introduction of the Arbitration (Amendment) Bill 2015 into the Legislative Council in 2015.
- Ensuring Basic Law compliance of constitutional reforms relating to the Chief Executive and Legislative Council elections.