Advancing the rule of law and access to justice, through effective, efficient and equitable administration of justice and strategic legal policy, for inclusive and sustainable development.
The Department of Justice has pledged to:
- strengthen the community’s understanding and practice of the rule of law;
- act as a guardian of public interest;
- adhere to its independent role of conducting criminal prosecutions free from any interference;
- provide independent and professional legal advice to the Government;
- prepare clear, intelligible and accessible legislation; and
- enhance and promote Hong Kong’s status as an international legal hub for legal, deal-making and dispute resolution services.
"Rule of Law and Justice for All"