2. Director of Public Prosecutions
2.1 The Director of Public Prosecutions is head of the Prosecutions Division of the Department of Justice and responsible for the conduct of the Prosecutions Division.
2.2 The Director initiates and conducts the prosecution of cases on behalf of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. The Director is responsible to the Secretary for Justice for:
- directing public prosecutions;
- advising the Secretary on criminal law related matters, except in specific matters in which the Secretary has authorised the Director to determine the matter on his or her own;
- advising law enforcement agencies in respect of prosecutions generally or in respect of a particular investigation that may lead to a prosecution;
- developing and promoting prosecution policy;
- advising the government on the development, enforcement and implementation of the criminal law.