The Department of Justice (DoJ) announced today (March 31) the following updated list of qualifying arbitral and dispute resolution institutions and permanent offices under Article 2(1) of the Arrangement Concerning Mutual Assistance in Court-ordered Interim Measures in Aid of Arbitral Proceedings by the Courts of the Mainland and of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Arrangement) effective from April 2, 2023 (listed in arbitrary order):
* Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
* Hong Kong Maritime Arbitration Group
* South China International Arbitration Center (HK)
* eBRAM International Online Dispute Resolution Centre
* AALCO Hong Kong Regional Arbitration Centre
* China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission Hong Kong Arbitration Center
* International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce - Asia Office
Under the Arrangement signed on April 2, 2019, between the DoJ and the Supreme People's Court, parties to arbitral proceedings seated in Hong Kong and administered by eligible arbitral institutions which have been designated would be able to apply for interim measures from the relevant Mainland courts.
The designation for institutions or permanent offices qualified under Article 2(1) of the Arrangement will be valid for a period of two years from the date of designation, ending on April 1, 2025, subject to further application for designation upon expiry. The next round of the open application exercise will be launched nearer the time.
Depending on the circumstances and operational considerations, the DoJ may update the list or consider future applications from time to time.
For details, please visit the DoJ website.
Ends/Friday, March 31, 2023